Do it yourself body care by Corina Boho. Try this carrot and tea tree recipe to bring glow and vibrance to your skin. Homemade skin products are a great way to assure you are putting no chemicals and other harmful ingredients on your skin and that you are getting true benefits from your products.
This one is easy and inexpensive to make. It contains natural antiseptics and antioxidants which help reveal lovely skin texture, fight acne, blemishes and uneven skin tone and also protects the skin from free radicals while promoting the regeneration of healthy skin cells.
2 medium sized carrots (powerful antiseptic, high in antioxidants and carotenoids for youthful skin)
1 lemon (astringent, locks the moisture in and keeps the germs out)
1 Tbsp tea tree oil (helps clear skin from impurities and acne)
1 Tbsp melted coconut oil (hydrates, softens and repairs the skin)
How to make it:
1. Peel the carrots and gently steam for around 10 minutes.
2. Add the steamed carrots, the tea tree oil, the coconut oil and 10 drops of lemon juice (add 15 or 20 drops if you have greasy skin) to a food processor or you can manually mash the carrots and then stir all the remaining ingredients until you get a creamy consistency.
3. You can either use it immediately by gently massaging the mixture into your skin or you can save it in the fridge and use it when needed.
4. Leave it on the skin for 10 minutes and then either splash warm water over your face to wash it off or use a cotton disk to wipe it off gently if you prefer.
5. You can keep this product in the fridge for a few days, but the sooner you use it up the more antioxidants will remain in the cream.